Job Opportunities (Click Here)
Posted On June 17, 2021
Store Colleague – Stoke Longton – [16 Hours]
Pets at Home – Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2JB
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10 Great Places to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018. We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet retailer. With us you can have the opportunity to develop into a range of specialisms such as the Groom Room, Vets4Pets and even our Support Offices.
You are at the heart of our stores and will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun; and it’s our people that make the difference.
Our Store Colleagues are critical to the success of our business and are responsible for exceeding our customer’s expectations daily; whilst also ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
We will give you the training, skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is.
- Passionate about delivering great service?
- Flexible to work a minimum of 16 hours per week and can work more hours at busy times.
- Experienced in a customer-facing environment.
- Experienced in achieving stretching targets.
- Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
In return for your hard work and dedication we will reward you with competitive pay that grows as you learn, a paid day off for your birthday (on top of your annual holiday allowance), a competitive pension scheme, discount across our group companies, and a sizeable offering of discounts in other businesses too! To apply, please click the link below.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once enough applications have been received.
Clintons – Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 1QQ
As one of our Team Members, your role will be key in helping the business to achieve sales targets whilst delivering outstanding customer service. Our teams spend their time on the shop floor so an enjoyment of interacting with customers and natural selling skills are crucial to the role.
All our Team Members need flexibility in the hours that they are available to work; this includes weekends and working additional hours at our busiest trading times such as Christmas, Halloween and Valentine’s Day.
To be successful in the role as a Team Member, we are looking for someone with:
- A passion for customer service who can be a real ambassador for the brand.
- Previous retail experience as a Team Member in a fast-paced store or service environment.
- Experience of working towards targets.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- A genuine love of the products we sell (cards, wrap, gifts and balloons)
- As a Team Member, you would need to be available to work hours to suit the trading patterns of the store.
In return as a Team Member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and generous staff discount of 40%. You will also be supported with your personal development through the range of learning and development initiatives we offer.
We would love to hear from you if your skills and experience match those we are looking for in a Team Member. Be part of our team and help enhance the lives of others.
Harvester – Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8AA
As part-time Waiting Staff at the Poachers Cottage – Harvester, you will be the friendly face our guests remember. You will know our menu inside out and recommend your favourites. You will inject your personality every moment you are with our guests so that they love to come back time and time again.
Join us at Harvester, the nation’s family favourite for feel-good dining. Famous for our fresh rotisserie chicken and unlimited salad bar since 1983. Fancy a fresh start? We want to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Flexible shifts – to fit around the other important things in life.
- Love dining out. You will love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we have got you covered.
- Never a dull moment – fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Team Socials – work hard, play hard!
On top of this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares! There’s also a free employee helpline- to support you with whatever life throws at you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS WAITING STAFF YOU’LL…
- Greet, serve and look after our guests so they go home happy.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Work with our team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love.
- Be a champion of brand standards.
- Know the menus inside out, making recommendations to our guests.
WHAT DO I NEED?
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect drink, and our teams are no different. You will…
- Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
- Have a great eye for detail.
- Always give great service
- Be a fun-loving, social, team player.
Store Team Member
Home Bargains – Stoke-on-Trent ST3 1NW
£9.22 an hour
Our Store Team Members deliver outstanding customer service by greeting customers, assisting with product queries and providing a prompt service with a smile.
Store Team Members at Home Bargains cover a range of store duties including customer service, stock replenishment, cash handling and helping to maintain excellent store standards.
Candidates will be hardworking, enjoy working in a retail store and have experience of cash handling and processing deliveries.
Successful candidates are provided with on-the-job training and gain essential transferable retail skills.
If you are honest and reliable and take pride in what you do then we would love to hear from you!
Minimum Criteria To Apply
Demonstrate a good understanding of customer service
Experience of cash handling and working in a retail environment
Experience of manual handling and stock replenishment
Hardworking and reliable
Polite and professional
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 550 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
Contributable Company pension scheme
10% store discount
Access to social and sporting events
Store Team Member rates of pay are dependent on age, and range from £5.93 per hour for 16-17 year old’s, £7.55 per hour for 18-20 year old’s, £8.97 per hour for 21-22 and £9.22 per hour for those 23 and over.
Available contracted hours are 20 hours per week.
Full Time Crew Member – Festival Park
McDonald’s – Stoke-on-Trent ST1 5SJ
Join us and you will become part of a crew, or a team, that works together to provide the best customer experience. If you have visited one of our restaurants before, you’ve probably got some idea of what’s involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. We want every McDonald’s customer to have a brilliant experience, every time they visit. That means hot food in a clean and friendly restaurant. As a Crew Member, you will make it happen, whether you are preparing food, serving on the till or being out in the dining areas looking after our customers’ needs.
A franchised restaurant is a restaurant operated by a local businessperson trading under the McDonald’s name. Currently over 80% of our restaurants in the UK are franchised but from a customer point of view there’s no difference. For employees there will be minor differences between a company and a franchised restaurant. Please refer to additional information for more details.
Quite simply, you will be working in our fast moving, high energy environment and we are looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
You will need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people. Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you, and you will work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must. You will also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness. The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential. Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean.
Avery Healthcare – Stoke-on-Trent
Do you want to join a company that cares? When joining Avery, you can expect:
* Highly competitive rates of pay * instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * Exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
16 hours per week – working varying shifts on a rota basis between the hours of 8am – 7pm. To include some weekends and bank holidays
£8.94 per hour
Hanford Court Care Home, located in Stoke-on-Trent,are currently recruiting for an ambitious and committed team player to join us as Kitchen Assistant. As Kitchen Assistant, you will assist with food preparation, maintaining a clean environment, facilitating the safe production of beverages and meals in support of the Hotel Services team, ensuring a high-quality and comprehensive service is delivered to residents.
You will ideally hold a Food Hygiene Certificate, alongside experience within a catering environment.
The key responsibilities of our Kitchen Assistant include:
- Carry out all cleaning duties in the kitchen area in accordance with the work schedule including:
- Preparation of food including vegetables, salads, omelettes and sandwiches.
- General cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen area, equipment and appliances.
- Receiving, checking and safely storing kitchen deliveries.
- Understand the principles of safe food handling, to ensure all food preparations undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Understand the cleaning requirements of different surfaces and equipment and the properties of cleaning materials, to ensure the areas are well presented and maintained in good condition.
- Report on the supply and quality of items used to carry out tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
When joining Avery Healthcare, we will offer you:
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum.
- Career development pathways and formal training opportunities.
- Free uniform.
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Store Assistant – Days- job post
About the Role
There is a role for everyone in retail – from serving our customers, perfecting pizzas, unpacking deliveries or filling shelves. Wherever you are, we put our customers first with excellent service, welcoming stores and ‘extra special’ products – we work as a team to maximize sales and deliver a great shopping trip.
We will help you to become a star colleague from learning about food safety to making sure our customers are served with a smile. If you are looking for flexible working or a chance to develop in retail, this could be the role for you!
We will work with you on your shifts, but the chances are you will have to work some evenings and weekends and we may need to be flexible with your work pattern – there is something to suit everyone.
You will be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You will have an enthusiastic approach to learning new skills across different departments. You care about giving customers a great shopping experience, helping them find what they need and having a chat along the way.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will get lots of other great benefits too, including 10% off your Asda shopping, incentive schemes, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking to theme parks and cinemas.
Bar and Waiting Apprenticeship
Ember Inns – Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 0SJ
£8.36 an hour
As Bar and Waiting Staff at Ember Inns you are the personality behind the beer pumps, the expert on the drink’s menu and know our food menu inside out, frequently recommending your favourites. As the friendly face our guests remember, you will inject your personality every moment you’re with our guests so that they love to come back time and time again.
- Greet, serve and look after our guests.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
- Work with the team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love.
- Know the menus inside out, making recommendations to our guests.
- Be a champion of brand standards.
You do not even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, but you will also be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments!
What your apprenticeship includes
– A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 – 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars.
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress.
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Math’s (if you do not already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week.
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
- Love eating out. You will love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we’ve got you covered.
– Never a dull moment – fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- Moreover, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
Wage will be National Minimum Wage for your age:
– 16-17 years old – £4.62 an hour
– 18-20 years old – £6.56 an hour
– 21-22 years old – £8.36 an hour
– 23+ years old – £8.91 an hour
At Mitchells and Butlers, you will be working towards a Hospitality Team member level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.