Sandwich Artist – Subway
With over 44,000 stores, the Subway® brand is the largest sandwich chain in the world. Due to continued growth across the UK our Franchisees are looking to recruit motivated and driven team members to join the Subway® brand.
A Subway® Sandwich Artist™ is the face of our Franchisees’ stores. As well as preparing and serving delicious Subway® sandwiches you will meet and greet guests and deliver exceptional customer service.
You’ll be the reason customers keep coming back!
Working as a Sandwich Artist™ in a Subway® franchise is a challenging role but one that is highly rewarding. Subway® Franchisees are proud of their hard-working staff and can offer fantastic career path opportunities to truly develop a career into supervisory and managerial roles.
- Food preparation including bread and cookie baking
- Ensure food storage and preparation areas are maintained according to Health & Safety and Audit standards
- Comply with Food Code of Practice
- Till Operator
- Monitoring stock levels
- Checking in deliveries
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedules
- Follow security & safety procedures
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees and customers
- Maintain high personal presentation in the provided uniform to meet the Subway® brand and customer expectations
- Work as a team member
- Deliver a high standard of service when dealing with products, sales and catering for customer needs.
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience in food preparation, retail sales and/or customer service is desirable but not essential because you will receive full training and undertake various University of Subway® courses. What’s more important is a winning attitude. If you’re currently working in retail or in a restaurant, perhaps you are studying or have recently graduated and are looking to start a career in the food industry. This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Discounted/free food
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours
Part Time Crew Member at Longton
Join us and you’ll become part of a crew, or a team, that works together to provide the best quick service, family restaurant experience – by far. If you’ve visited one of our restaurants before, you’ve probably got some idea of what’s involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. We want every McDonald’s customer to have a brilliant experience, every time they visit. That means hot food in a clean and friendly restaurant. As a Crew Member, you’ll make it happen, whether you’re preparing food, serving on the till or being out in the dining areas looking after our customers’ needs..
Quite simply, you’ll be working in our fast-moving, high-energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
To join us as a Crew Member you’ll need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people. Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you, and you’ll work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must. You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness. The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential. Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean.
Team Member – Step Up
We are looking for a Restaurant Team Leader to join our Brewers Fayre team!
Restaurant Team Leader
HANLEY BREWERS’ FAYRE
Hours: 20 – 25 per week
Starting hourly rate: £COMPETITIVE
At Brewers Fayre every department works together to deliver a great guest experience… From the restaurant to the bar, to the kitchen. It’s all about getting the best from each member of the team and working together, in a fast-paced environment to bring great experiences to the guest.
We have an award-winning apprenticeship programme too, so could offer you the opportunity to earn qualifications alongside completing your core training for the role.
Your skills and experience
- Proven success in leading a team.
- Proven success in delivering outstanding customer experience
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, multitask and remain calm under pressure.
What is a Restaurant Team Leader?
- Working alongside the Restaurant Manager, you’ll be a key member of the management team. You’ll be an all-round expert when it comes to creating and delivering excellent guest satisfaction.
- You’ll be responsible for knowing our latest drinks and food menu inside-out, leading from the front, you’ll ensure the team working the floor, bar and kitchen communicate well and effectively to deliver a seamless restaurant operation, getting stuck in to help and support your team whenever they need it.
- As a Restaurant Team Leader, you will give ongoing coaching and training to the team to ensure our high standards are achieved and maintained.
£10.21 an hour – Temporary
Working hours: Nights – 7.00 pm – 2.00 am / 3.00 am depending on deliveries
£10.21 per hour
The chosen candidate would be working along-side an established team, whereby day to day duties may vary. This would include working in a warehouse sorting parcels in alphabetical order, by post code. Heavy lifting may be required.
The ideal person must be physically able to lift heavier parcels and objects. Be able to work on a line in a speedy manner on a fast production line.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to us or call 01270 581 888 or email Crewe@gap-personnel.com
Retail Assistant – Online Picking
£9 an hour – Part-time, Permanent
In Iceland we like to do things differently. We are a fair and ethical retailer, who believe in investing in our people and making a difference.
We have exciting opportunities available for Online Pickers to join our dynamic team. The position is suited to an individual with passion for doing a great job, who wants to work for a business you can be proud of. We believe that our success comes from our colleagues, so we are looking for committed team players to help us become the best on the High Street when it comes to accurately and efficiently fulfilling customer online shopping orders.
Make a difference as a member of our online operation, where your role will be to pick and pack our great quality products for our online customers as if you were shopping for yourself.
This is a job that can offer you flexibility across a variety of shift patterns, a great rate of pay, and the opportunity to become part of a supportive and connected team.
Essential criteria for this role:
- Work with efficiency, accuracy, and pace
- Take pride in your work
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Must be highly flexible to work unsociable shifts
So, if you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity with one of the fastest growing UK retailers, we would like to hear from you.
Shifts can start between 1am and 6am. Please ensure you are able to start during these hours, before applying
On applying for the role, you will complete an online interview that will take around 20 minutes. Please be prepared to answer the five questions to the best of your ability. Good luck with your application.
Catering Assistant – Starbucks
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
£17,177 a year – Permanent
Catering Assistant – Starbucks
Location: Newcastle College
2 posts – 30 hrs. & 20 hrs. a week (Monday to Friday) Term-time
Salary: £17,177 pro-rata (30 hours actual salary £11,141- and 20-hours actual salary £7,427)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding catering department at Newcastle College working in the Starbucks Coffee Shop. This role will include preparing food and drinks and serving customers at the Starbucks provision, taking payments, and using a till and keeping areas clean.
To be successful, you will ideally have previous experience of working in a customer service role or catering environment. You will be enthusiastic with a desire to provide excellent customer service
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Supervisor in preparing the coffee provision for opening
- Taking customer orders and payments
- Preparing and serving drinks orders, sandwiches, and cakes
- Assisting with the daily and periodic clearing of the work areas and equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses a Level 2 In Food Safety & Catering.
- Experience of working in a customer service, coffee shop or catering environment.
- Is energetic, enthusiastic, and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Bank holidays and Christmas closure
How to apply
To apply for the role of Catering Assistant, Starbucks please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 30 August 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college-based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
We currently have an opportunity for a Porter to join our team to provide a high-quality Porter service to patients, staff and visitors, to undertake the movement of patients, equipment, documentation, food etc. in an efficient and safe manner. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Maintain clean and safe equipment and environment in accordance with the specification and be responsive to service needs as they arise and constantly seek to improve the productivity and quality of the service
- Undertake necessary duties to ensure maintenance of an efficient Portering Service as directed by your duty manager or helpdesk dispatcher. These duties will be carried out both in patient and non-patient environments
- All work must be undertaken in line with health, safety, security and Company and Trust policies and procedures including infection control
- When required, you may need to assist with the emergency and evacuation procedures and security situations in accordance with Trust policy
- To transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests with the resus trolley / bag
- Collection and safe removal and, where appropriate, the recording of non-clinical and clinical waste within your area of work, in line with Company procedures and Trust policy
- Assist Sodexo and the Trust in running an effective waste recycling and waste minimisation system, including shredding when required
- Ensure wheelchairs and trolleys are kept clean and ensure safe practice to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff in accordance with national and Trust policy, to be aware of their responsibilities as listed in the Infection Control Policy
- Always ensure the cleanliness of the Porters lodge
- Always ensure the cleanliness of the waste areas
- Maintain a clean, neat, and tidy appearance, complying with Company and Trust uniform and hand care guidelines and high standards of personal hygiene
The Ideal Candidate
- Manual Handling Training
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- Ability to follow instructions
- Effective communication and customer care skills
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR APPRENTICE
To support with the day to day running of the setting.
- Plan and carry out child initiated and adult led play activities supporting children’s individual needs and interests
- Provide play activities which encourage and promote children’s numeracy, literacy, and language development
- Undertake the role of the key person to help children feel safe, secure, and valued
- Carries out observations and use these effectively to understand the changing needs of their individual key children and plan for the interests in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Carry out care routines such as nappy changing, toileting, hand washing and feeding routines with care, respect, and compassion
- Work in partnership with other professionals, parents, colleagues, and children to meet the individual needs of children
- Ensure the welfare, well-being and safety of children is promoted and report safeguarding issues and concerns to the person in charge
- Take an active role in seeking out Continuous Professional Development opportunities during the apprentices’ programme and beyond
- Support children who are experiencing transitions such as moving to school or birth of a sibling, using your knowledge of the children to support them
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their Trainer Assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills, and behavior’s
- Work in a non-discriminatory way to ensure all children have equal access to opportunities
The weekly wage for this apprenticeship is £129.
Hilltop Tots Day Nursery – Employer
The business is a day nursery operating with 10 staff members and 19 children a day. Our USP is that we are a small, personal nursery which specialises in higher staff ratios to children and ensures every child feels loved and supported before school. We are based in Talke, Stoke-on-Trent close to the Affinity Shopping Centre and 5 minutes from the A500.
Requirements and Prospects
- Has minimum level 2 functional skills/GCSES C and above in English and Math’s or currently studying for this.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Time management
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you will be a highly trained Early Years Educator. Depending on the setting in which you work you could progress onto becoming a room leader or taking on additional specialisms such as Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator or the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Hilltop Tots Day Nursery will provide you with all the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
- If successful, you will complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme, delivered through Hilltop Tots Day Nursery dedicated training provider, Realise.
- Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
- We’ve invested heavily in our people and culture, and we want to grow our teams by finding people who share our passion and enthusiasm for creating a better future.
You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check as part of the employer’s safer recruitment process.
Hyundai Car Technician Apprentice
£194 a week – Apprenticeship
Hyundai Car Technician Apprentice
- Hyundai Car Technician Apprentice
The Hyundai Advanced Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? If the answer is “yes” then the Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Hyundai Silverlink are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Technicians with the investigation, repair, and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOTs on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy, please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/09/2021
Possible start date: 03/10/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- A* – C (9-4) GCSE in math’s and English (or equivalent)
- Science and ICT are desirable
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Standard at level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 36 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC’s training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training. Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a logbook that captures progress over the programme.
- On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviors, a behaviour assessment, Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2, Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2.
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Logbook (final year review to assess apprentice’s progress)
- Behaviour Assessment
- Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/ understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Do you have any experience within the automotive industry?
Have you looked at your journey to and from the position? Can you drive?
Bristol Street Motors Hyundai Silverlink is the product of an exciting partnership between Hyundai and Vertu Specialist Cars – our specialist premium used cars outlet.