Please read our Terms and Conditions below before you contribute in any way to this site. All users of the site must accept and agree to abide by them.
Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub is a website anyone can contribute to. We invite you to join our community in a few different ways, but please read these terms and conditions first.
- You will adhere to the guidelines that you agreed to in our community Social Hubs which ask you to be: Non-judgemental, keep what you hear within the virtual hub within the hub, be supportive of others, see the virtual hub as a safe space where people can share concerns and dreams, be treated with respect and agree to differ if others views and outlook do not agree with yours.
- You will not use groups or comments to paste any information that is or is likely to be, discriminatory, hateful, false, inaccurate, threatening, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, harassing, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person’s privacy, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or otherwise be a breach of the law.
- You will show respect and courtesy at all times to other users.
- You must not use copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or you have obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals.
- You must not carry out or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world
- You must not make any postings that would constitute an advertisement, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not make a posting that would be technically harmful (including without limitation: hacking, the introduction of computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software).
- You agree not to use the groups or comments for spamming. You will not cross post your messages to more than one discussion or post off topic messages.
- You must adopt a user name which is appropriate and not offensive in any manner.
- You agree that you use groups or comments at your own risk and that Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub is not responsible for any of the material posted unto the groups or comments.
- Any posting only gives the views of the author of the posting and does not reflect necessarily the views of Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub or NCVO and therefore you agree that we cannot and will not be held responsible for the contents, accuracy or validity of the postings in any manner whatsoever.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your postings.
- You agree that if you repeatedly do not comply with these Terms and Conditions Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub will rescind your membership and access to the site.
- If you think any post breaches these terms, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to remove the postings within a reasonable time. If Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub determine removal is necessary, the removal will be manual so may not take place immediately.
- Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub reserves the right to cancel your right to use the groups or comments at its sole discretion.
- You agree to indemnify Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub for any loss it suffers and hold Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub harmless from any breach of these terms and conditions.
- You agree Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub is not obliged to oversee, monitor or moderate the postings. Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub will do its best to assess any possible risks for users of the groups or comments and will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation in the light of those risks. You therefore accept that you may be exposed to material that has not been moderated and will not hold Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub liable for any of the postings made, nor bring any legal action or other claim against Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub arising out of your use of the groups or comments whether groups or comments is moderated or not.
- You agree that the responsibility for your postings rests solely with yourself and you will indemnify Connecting Choices Virtual Social Hub in respect of any costs, expenses, losses, damages or claims made as result of any claim based upon any posting made by yourself.
Last updated 8th April 2020