Job Opportunities (Click Here)
Posted On July 1, 2021
Store Colleague – Stoke Festival – [16 Hours]- job post.
Pets at Home
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10 Great Places to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018. We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet retailer. With us you can have the opportunity to develop into a range of specialisms such as the Groom Room, Vets4Pets and even our Support Offices.
You are at the heart of our stores and will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun; and it is our people that make the difference.
Our Store Colleagues are critical to the success of our business and are responsible for exceeding our customer’s expectations daily; whilst also ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is.
- Passionate about delivering great service?
- Flexible to work a minimum of 16 hours per week and can work more hours at busy times.
- Experienced in a customer-facing environment.
- Experienced in achieving stretching targets.
- Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leadi.ng training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
In return for your hard work and dedication we will reward you with competitive pay that grows as you learn, a paid day off for your birthday (on top of your annual holiday allowance), a competitive pension scheme, discount across our group companies, and a sizeable offering of discounts in other businesses too!
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once enough applications have been received.
Customer Service Advisor
You will be helping customers who are having problems with their services. Each call can be very different. You might be helping people to understand their bills, getting them back online when their connection goes down or talking them through our products and how to use them.
It is not an easy job. There, we said it. Customers can be frustrated or angry that they have lost their connection, or their bill is higher than expected. So, it will be your job to calm the situation, ease the tension and get the problem solved. We also use lots of different systems, so you will need to be confident with technology.
You will need to be:
- able to get on well with people.
- confident to have difficult conversations.
- respectful of other people’s point of view
- not easily upset or offended by others.
- able to think quickly and be calm in stressful situations.
- genuinely motivated to help people and solve problems.
We will give you all the training you need. When you start, you will get 12 weeks training on our products and services, systems, and processes, and handling real customer calls. You will have people around you to support you, regular coaching and training updates to make sure you’re always at the top of your game.
What is in it for you?
You will be joining one of the UK’s most exciting telecommunications companies with a very bright future. We are one of the Sunday Times’ top 6 best big companies to work for and we offer a huge range of benefits to all our colleagues.
From day one you’ll get:
- Generous discounts on broadband
- BT TV, BT Sport and Now TV for £5
- 50% off mobile packages and handsets for you, your friends and family
- Generous salary and bonuses
- 25 days’ paid holidays
- Incentives and recognition for your performance
- Full training, ongoing coaching, and support
- Employee rewards hub saving you £££ on products/services you normally buy.
- Great pension (up to 9% employer contributions) and share schemes.
- Opportunities to progress your career across the business.
- Paid days off to volunteer with charities or causes important to you.
- Job satisfaction: knowing you’re helping the country stay connected.
Customer Service 20hrs
At Entain, our Customer Service Managers are great listeners, part of their local community, we help everyone be part of the entertainment we provide. We keep it real. Bring your character to a Retail Customer Service Manager role and you can be yourself, building relationships with our customers and making sure that they enjoy our products and services responsibly. With flexibility, energy, and great customer focus, we’ll support you to build a great career.
Live chat to find out more!
What do you need to be successful?
- Passion for delivering great customer service!
- The ability to build positive relationships and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with strong organisation skills
- Happy to work autonomously or part of team.
- Be adaptable and a quick learner.
- Ability to deal with tough situations in a calm and professional manner.
What we do
We strive to deliver consistently outstanding customer service and ensure a great customer journey, resolving complaints and issues when needed and taking bets on a wide range of sports and events. We protect our customers with market leading Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Guidelines and always implementing Think 21.
We maintain high shop standards and take pride in the shop appearance, promoting the company’s product offering both in shop and online to customers to help drive shop profitability.
In this role you will supervise the shop & team in the absence of the Shop Manager and develop commercial awareness and understanding of how the team can impact the shop’s profitability.
£9.41 – £10.41 an hour – Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £9.41 – 10.41 per hour + DOE plus overtime
Quest Employment are recruiting for Assemblers for our client based in Trentham.
If you have experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment then we want to speak to you.
Our client is a leading manufacturer who are looking for people to work for them during their summer peak.
The role will be producing components for washrooms systems. This may include the use of a CNC or other machinery, building vanity units or basic plumbing.
Suitable candidates will have experience in using hand and air tools.
Monday to Friday with weekend available as overtime
Shifts will fall between 6am-6pm you must be flexible as hours can vary and shifts can be long due to business needs.
You must be flexible to work both day and night shifts if needed (enhanced rate for nights)
Pay will start from £9.41 and overtime is paid when you have completed 39 hours each week.
The roles are temporary ongoing but could lead to permanent employment for the right candidates.
Due to the high work volume, you must be flexible on start and finish times and there will be weekend working.
Reliability is key to these roles with zero absence policy in place.
Sandwich Artist – Subway
We currently have an opportunity for a Sandwich Artist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Prepares food neatly, accurately, and in a timely way.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to customers accurately. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with all customers.
- Check’s products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Cleans as directed.
- Greets customers and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and computes the amount of the bill, collects payment from customers and makes change.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
- Accounts for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean up.
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes online coursework on the University of SUBWAY® as directed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Retail/customer service experience desirable
This role is working nights on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Pay rate is dependent on age with over 23-year-olds on £9.50 per hour
Enhancement rate of 20% from 12:00 midnight – 5:00am
Royal Mail Group
Royal Mail are now recruiting for Postal Apprentices at Stoke Hanley Delivery Office.
Get ready to deliver to the nation.
You know who we are, and so does the rest of the nation. That is because Royal Mail is one of the UK’s best-loved and most trusted brands. From birthday cards, and important documents to a new pair of shoes, every day we are on our feet, delivering to people around the country come rain or shine. We are 150,000 strong with 500 years of history, and we wear our badge with pride. Now, we want you to wear it too.
Whatever the weather, our postal workers are walking the rounds, playing a vital role in keeping our communities connected, now more than ever. But this is not just a job. It’s a development programme too. This Apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about the role of a postie, in providing deliveries to homes and businesses. After your initial training you will get hands on experience, working independently to:
- Take ownership of your own delivery route, ensuring your customers parcels and letters are delivered to time.
- Act as a brand ambassador, delivering excellent customer service to your local community.
Learn whilst you earn
Together with other RMG apprentices, you will work and study to complete the apprenticeship in 13 months and gain your Level 2 Postal Apprenticeship. There will be plenty of additional learning opportunities along the way from online learning to video tutorials and 1-2-1 coaching. You will also have practical learning opportunities that will supported by your dedicated Learning & Development Practitioner (LDP) from our apprenticeship partner Babington. You will be given time to complete your apprenticeship training and will be fully supported with your End Point Assessment as you approach the completion of your apprenticeship.
Get your foot in the door
This is a programme full of career opportunities, with plenty of options to scale up your career at Royal Mail. We have loads of opportunities on offer and this programme is a great foot in the door. If you are ambitious and looking to work your way up the career ladder, we want to hear from you.
- With the opportunity to keep fit while you earn, this is a role that keeps you on your feet. With up 4 and a half hours of walking per day, if you love fitness, this programme is for you.
- You love the outdoors, whatever the weather. Living in Britain, the weather can get be quite extreme. But whatever nature throws at you, you will be happy being out and about in the fresh air.
- You will be self-motivated and find time management an absolute breeze. Deadlines are important at Royal Mail, but if you have got excellent organisational skills, you will always be prepared.
- Upbeat and friendly, you are always prepared to go the extra mile for a customer.
- As well as being independent, you will enjoy working with others.
- As our technology continues to develop, you will relish the opportunity to get involved and support your colleagues.
- Sometimes you will be under pressure, but in the face of a challenge your resilience will shine. You will get the job done, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- You are proud to make a difference. Our customers and communities rely on our service now more than ever, and we are looking for apprentices that will take pride in wearing our uniform.
Michelin – Bti Uk-Implants
The educational elements of the course consist of both mechanical and electrical disciplines leading to nationally recognised qualifications. The learning programme is operated in conjunction with JCB Academy and combines both the theoretical and practical elements of study and work-placed knowledge development.
Closing date: 29 Jul 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Working between the hours of 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday with time-off to attend college. Applicants must be willing to work on shifts both during and following the apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.50
30 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Michelin Production Plant at the Stoke site has been modernised and automated using the latest technologies.
The Engineering Apprenticeship on offer is designed to develop the successful candidate towards joining the Site Engineering Maintenance Team servicing this plant.
A Michelin apprentice would expect to:
- Complete several training activities in the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic. The training would supplement any training received through the training supplier.
- Work as part of the maintenance team completing scheduled maintenance in the production workshops.
- Gain experience working with the trouble-shooting engineers (Shift Work) resolving production stoppages for machine failures.
- Work as Part of the Site Maintenance Team maintaining the site infrastructure.
- Training will also be undertaken to understand the Quality Culture of the Michelin Brand
Requirements and prospects
- Basic engineering knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good practical skills
- A genuine interest in engineering
- An inquisitive nature with a desire to problem solve.
- Good timekeeping and reliability are essential.
It is expected that applicants will already have a good education standard with at least six GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades C/4 or above including math’s and English. Basic engineering knowledge will be an advantage and applicants should have an interest in a career within engineering. They must be willing to work on shifts both during and following the apprenticeship.
Become a Scope volunteer – Help support disabled people
You will love volunteering in our friendly and sociable shops. And just a few hours of your free time can make a huge difference.