Team Member – Night Reception
Premier Inn – Hanley
Night Team Member – Premier Inn
At Premier Inn, every guest wants a great night’s sleep– As a Night team member with us, you will need to handle all our hotel operations throughout the night to ensure our guests have everything they need. Our night teams are nothing if not flexible, ensuring that our guests’ safety is always at the forefront of everything they do.
Our night teams work in pairs or trios throughout the night– It is essential that our teams are comfortable working with others, organised yet flexible, calm in a crisis, and good at problem solving. If you wrap all this up with someone who is a stickler for Health and Safety, you have found our best night team members!
Some qualities are essential in our night team members–
- That you are approachable throughout the night – guests need to feel they can come and ask a question to our teams 24/7
- Attentive to both the guest and business needs – prioritising tasks will be crucial to ensure a successful shift.
- Professional, yet friendly – a welcoming smile should never be underestimated.
A stickler for both health and safety and policies and procedures – safety is a number 1 priority day and night! Each night will be different, so whether you are looking to join us on a full time or part time basis, you will not have 2 nights the same. Guest safety and security is one of the most challenging parts of the role, and we like to ensure our teams are fully trained and equipped to deal with as many scenario’s as we can. A night shift will see you completing corridor checks, noise patrols and making sure our guests are in an environment where they can sleep soundly.
Your Rewards and Benefits–
Along with a structured induction plan and training to do your role there are numerous of other benefits. Some of the big ones below, but feel free to explore more on our Whitbread careers page.
- Working more than 16 hours a week with us, you can choose to study for an apprenticeship to give you a nationally recognised qualification.
- Whitbread Privilege Card 25% Discount across our Restaurants, and up to 50% on hotel rooms
- Annual incentive scheme – an extra week’s pay (tax free) on achieving all green performance targets.
- A wide range of discounts retail and leisure discounts including gym membership, cinema ticket and 02 price plans (which can be shared across 5 family members or friends)
- Discounted Premier Inn famous Hypnos mattresses and beds.
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- 50% off food whilst on shift
Store Colleague – Fixed Term Contract – 12 Weeks – [16 Hours]
Pets at Home – Newcastle-under-Lyme ST4 6PD
£8.72 an hour – Part-time
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10 Great Places to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018. We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet retailer. With us you can have the opportunity to develop into a range of specialisms such as the Groom Room, Vets4Pets and even our Support Offices.
You are at the heart of our stores and will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun; and it’s our people that make the difference.
Our Store Colleagues are critical to the success of our business and are responsible for exceeding our customer’s expectations daily; whilst also ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is.
- Passionate about delivering great service?
- Flexible to work a minimum of 16 hours per week and can work more hours at busy times.
- Experienced in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience essential in meeting targets, and in store KPI’s.
In return for your hard work and dedication we will reward you with competitive pay that grows as you learn, a paid day off for your birthday (on top of your 28 days paid leave), a competitive pension scheme, discount across our group companies, and a sizeable offering of discounts in other businesses too! To apply, please click the link below.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once enough applications have been received.
*If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
EE – Longton
£20,000 a year – Part-time
It is time to look to the future.
We want our people to see their potential at work. That is why being a Retail Customer Advisor at EE means getting the chance to grow and progress. You do not need to have the skills right now – before you know it, you will be part of the team, wowing customers with your people skills, hitting targets and enthusiastically solving problems. You will be the face of EE and, what is more, you’ll get the chance to develop a career that goes well beyond our stores. Sounds good, right?
What you will do:
- Find every opportunity to boost your store’s success with sensational customer service.
- Create an environment in which customers feel welcome and comfortable.
- Engage customers in genuine, enjoyable conversations to understand their needs.
- Help people choose the right products and show them how to make their digital life better.
- Keep up to date with all our products, services, and promotions, and those of competitors.
- Take pride in the appearance of the store, always keeping it clean and tidy.
You will definitely:
- Be able to show how you have worked to and achieved sales targets or deadlines.
- Show an interest in communications technology.
- Enjoy being part of a team but still have the drive to work on your own initiative.
You might even:
- Have worked in retail, sales or service.
- Know a thing or two about the telecoms sector.
What is in it for you?
- Exceptional career progression in Retail and to other areas of BT with our Aspire internal development programme.
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped monthly commission, based on personal and store targets.
- Typical commission of £3,500 (pro-rata); top performers can earn £20,000.
- Competitive healthcare and BT share plans
- 75% discount on an EE mobile package (30% for Friends and Family)
- 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata) with the opportunity to buy a further 5 days, plus your birthday off
- The chance to win once-in-a-lifetime all-expense-paid trips.
- Discounted deals on BT and EE TV, broadband, and content
Adecco UK – Stoke-on-Trent
My Trentham Lakes based client is looking for 2 Temporary Packers to join their busy team.
Hours are on a rotating shift of 6.00am – 2.30pm Monday – Thursday and Friday 6.00am – 12.00 noon and 2.25pm – 10.55pm Monday – Thursday and 11.55pm – 5.55pm on a Friday.
Candidates should have excellent dexterity and an eye for detail, to ensure that only quality product is packed. This role could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Motordepot Group – Stoke-on-Trent ST3 4JG
At Car Supermarket, you can expect to be part of an ambitious company, that is innovative and constantly looking at how the customer experience can be enhanced.
Car Supermarket are now looking to recruit an experienced Valeter to join our team in Stoke.
What will I be responsible for?
As a Valeter you will ensure that each vehicle is prepared to our own high standards.
You will also present and photograph vehicles ensuring we market each vehicle to its true potential. You will always take pride in the appearance of the cars and site maintaining its superb appearance. You must also be prepared to work outside in all weathers.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
When recruiting for the position of Valeter, we look for individuals who have a proven track record within the preparation side of the automotive industry. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, good communication skills and ideally has a strong interest in cars. The role would suit someone with a genuine interest in cars coupled with a distinct pride in the presentation of the vehicle. Please note to be considered for this role you must possess a full driving license.
Why work for us?
If you want to work for the best, in a great team environment where everyone is valued for their contribution and where excellence is never compromised, join Car Supermarket!
We pride ourselves on investing in ongoing career development for all staff. We do things a little differently at Car Supermarket and are proud of our “no pressure” environment and transparent sales process. In return for your hard work as our Valeter, you will be offered:
- 22 days annual holiday + Bank Holidays
- Investment in Training and Career Development
- Preferential Service and Finance Rates
- Company Pension and Health Care Scheme after a qualifying period
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Funded Social Events
- Employee of the Month Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
Drivers wanted -Stoke Dominos.
Domino’s Pizza – Stoke-on-Trent ST3 1LD
£10 an hour – Full-time, Part-time
Have you ever thought of being a Delivery Driver?
Do you love driving?
Are you looking for a fun and flexible role enabling you to work within a fast-paced team environment?
Do you want to work for a growing company where there are endless progression opportunities for anyone who wants to grow and develop?
Come and join us today for a career, not just a job!
Earn up to £10/hr (including hourly rate and mileage) + tips.
Working for Domino’s Pizza as a Delivery Driver means that you are at the forefront of our business, ensuring that our customers get fresh high-quality pizzas delivered hot and on time.
Benefits of becoming our Delivery Driver:
- Flexible Hours
- Staff Discount
- Business Use Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- You get to keep all the tips!
Responsibilities of becoming our Delivery Driver:
- Upholding a positive brand image and always providing excellent customer service.
- Managing cash and card transactions effectively in accordance with company procedures.
- Delivering products safely and securely, avoiding unnecessary risks by adhering to all safety and security procedures.
- Working as part of the Domino’s team by helping out instore when your area of specialism is slow.
Essential skills/experience needed as our Delivery Driver:
- Full UK or EU driving license held with no more than 6 points and no bans within the last 5 years.
- Own car (with valid MOT and insurance)
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Good knowledge of the local area
- This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing company, known for great customer service and flexible working hours.
If you like a fast-paced environment where time flies and you have fun, then apply today!
The ideal candidate for the position must be passionate about customer service, quality, and driving!
Experience is not necessary – if you have the attitude, we have the training for you. At Domino’s Pizza, we provide you with excellent on the job training, you will be trained in all aspects of the role ensuring that all products are delivered safely and securely. You will also receive Food Safety training to ensure that you maintain the highest standards of food hygiene and store cleanliness.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Minimum Wage
Come and join us today as our Delivery Driver for a career, not just a job!
Marston Holding Limited – Stoke-on-Trent.
Do you enjoy working outdoors, helping people and have great communication skills?
Do you have excellent customer service skills and enjoy being active? Do you have a driving licence?
If so, NSL are currently recruiting for a Enforcement Officer.
What you will be doing…
Our Enforcement Officers play a big part in removing untaxed vehicles on behalf of the DVLA.
THIS IS A WHEELCLAMPING ROLE
Your day starts with a briefing from your manager, and making sure you’ve got everything you need for the day ahead. You will drive one of our specialist ANPR vehicles which locate untaxed vehicles on public highways as you drive by. You’ll then be responsible for making sure any vehicles flagged are clamped and dealt with in the right way.
Dealing with members of the public is a big part of the role, sometimes in difficult circumstances, so you must be a great communicator.
After training, You will be required to work one weekend in two, with the following work rota:
Week One Week Two
Mon Off 05:30 – 17:30
Tue 05:30 – 17:30 Off
Wed 06:00 – 17:30 Off
Thu 06:00 – 17:30 Off
Fri 06:00 – 17:30 06:00 – 17:30
Sat Off 06:00 – 17:30
Sun Off 06:00 – 17:30
This rota may change, often at short notice, dependant on business needs, so flexibility to your working hours is essential.
What you will need…
You must enjoy dealing with people, be friendly polite, and willing to offer support, advice and assistance to colleagues and customers. PC skills would also be an advantage, as well as a full UK Driving Licence.
In return for your hard work:
Employee Benefit Scheme- Including Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers & Discounts
Reward & Recognition Scheme
Training & development opportunities
Employee Consultative Committee to represent the voice of colleagues.
Optical Apprentice (Retail) – Newcastle
Vision Express – Hanley
This could be the start of a great career with Vision Express, as you join us on a 13-month apprenticeship programme, rated “Good” by OFSTED, leading to a Level 2 in Optical Retail.
As one of our apprentices you will gain a lot. Not least a practical introduction to the fascinating world of optics, with a company that believes everyone deserves to enjoy great vision for a lifetime.
If you love to learn, and you share our big commitment to customer service, you will have every opportunity to develop, plus all the support you need, and structured learning delivered by our in-house training experts that is interesting, interactive and fun.
What you’ll be doing:
- Welcoming and engaging with our customers.
- Learning how the right glasses and lenses are chosen.
- Answering phone calls and booking in appointments.
- Performing simple eye health checks.
- Learning through time in the classroom
You can look forward to:
- Excellent career opportunities.
- A competitive salary, above the apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- Training to bring out the best in you.
- A range of benefits, including annual free eyewear and discounts for family and friends.
- 25 days’ holiday, plus time back for any public holidays worked.
Job Requirements: What will we provide you?
You will need to be:
- At least 16 years of age.
- Not in full or part-time education.
- A confident communicator with lots of enthusiasm.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Able to work well as part of a busy team.
Ideally, you will also have GCSEs, or equivalent, in Maths or English at grade C/4 or above. But do not worry if you do not as we will help you achieve a Functional Skills qualification in one or both key subjects
The end of the programme will mark the beginning of your career with us, as you take up a permanent role in one of our stores. From there on, there will be lots of options open to you. Whatever your ambitions, we will give you all the support and encouragement you need.
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship
KFC are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join their team as an apprentice. If you fancy taking on the challenge and joining a global brand, read on to discover what it takes to become a part of the KFC team!
- Closing date: 05 Mar 2021
- Possible start date: 12 Mar 2021
Various Voluntary Roles
Salvation Army Trading Co. Ltd. – Leek ST13 5JW
‘Help us to help others’
Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd (SATCoL) is the trading arm of The Salvation Army in the UK and Republic of Ireland. We were established in 1991 to help fund The Salvation Army’s vital work with vulnerable people in the UK, and today we raise money and encourage reuse and recycling through a network of over 230 charity shops, 2 Superstores, 8 Donation Centres and a rapidly expanding clothing collection division, all of which is constantly growing and developing.
With the support of the British public, we have been able to donate millions of pounds to The Salvation Army – over £43 million has been donated in the last five years alone, helping to fund the extensive and very important work that The Salvation Army carries out– including homelessness and addiction services, care for older people, help at emergency incidents, support for adult victims of human trafficking in England and Wales and a Family Tracing Service.
If you want to be a part of our success and to play a part in helping others whilst volunteering for a fantastic company, then we have a role that suits you.
The Volunteer roles:
Do you enjoy music, film and games? Have you heard of The Sims, The Flintstones, or the Rolling Stones? Do you know what these are? If you do, we need your help. We are looking for knowledgeable people to support our team and help sort, price, research and display our donations of games, DVDs, and music.
Sort Room Assistant
Are you an organised person who likes things to be neat and tidy? Would you enjoy shifting through our donations to uncover hidden gems and sorting into different categories? Whether you’re a lover of vintage clothing, stunning jewellery or enjoy reading and gaming, this is the role for you.
Are you an enthusiastic outgoing individual? Do you like chatting to people? If this is you, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team. Our Volunteer Sales Assistants are welcoming and helpful with a can-do attitude, making customers feel welcome and supported to find the things they are looking for, as well as assisting them to purchase their items at the cash desk. They also keep the sales floor looking inspiring and support donors with their donations.
Social Media Specialist
Are you interested in social media? Do you use outlets such as twitter, Facebook, Snapchat etc?
If so, we would love your support and expertise to change the world with us by reinventing charity for our generation and come join our team of passionate world changing visionaries! You could be creating a shop profile and pages on linked in, YouTube , Facebook, twitter, etc. – writing and posting blogs, tweets, updates and much, much more.
Are you looking to get involved in your local community? Or are you interested in supporting your local shop at a garden fete or Recruitment event? Have you thought about volunteering just as a one off? Then this could be the role for you. We are looking for volunteers to call on just as and when we may need some extra support at a fundraising event or recruitment drive.
Do you love your accessories? Are you always looking for that perfect piece of jewellery or the matching bag and shoes or changing the look of an outfit by adding a scarf? Would you enjoy creating exciting eye-catching displays in shop windows? If so, we would love your expertise and support in our shops to select price and display our lovely selection of accessories.
Bric a Brac Specialist
Are you interested in unusual items and antiques? Do you enjoy creating eye catching displays? If this sounds interesting to you pop along and support our team and help us to select, price and create displays of our wonderful and unusual donated items.
Are you a confident chatty person that likes getting out and about in your local community? Do you have a friendly telephone manner and enjoy building relations?
Would you like to raise awareness of our local shop stock requirements with local businesses and organisations; contacting them for surplus stock, building a data base of donors, arranging collections, and sending out thank you cards. If so, we would love your help.
So, whether you are looking to make new friends a couple of hours a week or improve your CV, we can provide all the support you need. We offer flexible hours to fit in with your lifestyle as well as reimbursement for travel and staff discount. If you are looking to improve your CV, we can offer volunteers the choice to do a free short course or a selection of NVQ qualifications.