Syft is the #1 temporary staff app and is making waves in the world of work. We help those looking for temp work get jobs by connecting you with the best employers across the industrial sector. With Syft you’re in control, managing when and where you work, building a work schedule that suits you. Through the app, you are able to browse jobs near you and get paid weekly directly into your bank account.
Benefits of Syft:
· Over £17,000 worth of prizes to be won in this years Christmas Prize draw
· Access to a supportive community of like minded individuals
· Seasonal incentives, bonuses and giveaways
· Monthly personal growth webinars
· Referral bonuses
· Access to great daily content in our private Facebook group
· A dedicated team to support you
Min Salary: £9.77 per hour *Including Holiday Pay Hours of Work: 8am – 4:30pm
Your duties will include:
· Packing items shipping cartons
· Dispatching orders on the system and generating paperwork
· Moving goods to different departments
· General production tasks
· General warehouse duties apply
· Making sure that warehouse is tidy
· There may be an opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate.
What we are looking for:
· Speed is an essential skill needed when working inside a warehouse
· Experience is preferred
· Own a smartphone to be able to view and book shifts
· Strong attention to detail and good communication
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you – please apply on our website now and book your interview to start working immediately. We look forward to engaging with you soon.
You will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, cleanliness of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance.
As a key member of the dining services team, you will ensure all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed. You will also work alongside the activities team to cater for special events taking place within the home.
You will be responsible for delivering a high quality catering service, planning menus with residents which are varied and interesting to meet individual tastes and dietary requirements. You will manage our dedicated catering team, ensuring the highest standards of nutrition, hygiene and safety. An experienced caterer is required, with good planning, budget and stock control abilities. Excellent people skills are required to maintain positive relationships with residents and members of staff.
NEED TO HAVE
A personable and warm approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
Hold City & Guilds/NVQ/SVQ or equivalent Experience in helping lead and inspire a team
The ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Good judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills
Food handling course qualification
A good understanding of nutrition
Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred
Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
Ability to work flexible hours to meet the business needs Effective time keeping and time management
NEED TO DO
Manage the kitchen
Manage and develop the menu in conjunction with other cooks in the Safe Harbor group
Work fresh produce to deliver high quality and wholesome dishes cooked at the highest quality and standards
Help create a warm, efficient and fun environment
Work within budget
Complete regular audits
Manage stock control
Lead and motivate a team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 per hour
· Discounted or free food
· On-site parking
COVID-19 considerations: PPE is available for all staff
We currently have an opportunity for a Domestic Assistant to join our Healthcare team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Domestic Assistantyou will be responsible for:
· Providing a cleaning service in a residential healthcare environment
· Maintaining the general cleanliness designated areas
· Bed making and linen management
· Washing linen
· Ironing, and tasks of a similar nature
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
· Experience of general cleaning methods and techniques
· An awareness of health and safety requirements
· Attention to detail and the ability to work on one’s initiative are prerequisite
· A self motivated attitude
· Possess good interpersonal skills
· BICs cleaning qualification or equivalent are also desirable, but not essential
Pharmacy Support Staff (Dispenser, Technician, Trainee or Apprentice)
About the role As a valued member of our pharmacy team, you will help ensure that our customers and patients get the best possible service every time they visit one of our stores. Through your passion to deliver a great healthcare service and your ability to provide professional advice, you’ll play an important role in your local community. The knowledge you gain at LloydsPharmacy will enable you to deliver products and services that have a direct, positive impact on people’s lives. As a member of our pharmacy support team in one of our Community Pharmacies, your main responsibility will be to assist with the day to day running of the pharmacy to maintain excellent service to customers and patients. Whether you are a Dispenser, Technician, Trainee or Apprentice, your contribution will quickly become invaluable. These are enjoyable and highly responsible roles for candidates with excellent attention to detail, the ability to work quickly and accurately at all times and the ability to build rapport with both colleagues and patients.
About LloydsPharmacy With more than 1,500 stores up and down the country – located in hospitals, supermarkets and local communities – LloydsPharmacy is a trusted name that helps look after the health of millions of people. We work hard to support the ever-changing needs of the healthcare industry and are committed to offering the best advice and healthcare to our patients, customers and colleagues. LloydsPharmacy is part of McKesson, a Fortune Global 500 company. We use the latest technology to provide services and industry leading healthcare solutions. Join us and you’ll enjoy the development and perks that come with being part of a global company, including 20 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme, colleague discounts and much more.
Are you an aspiring Data Technician looking to start your career with a well-established and evolving company?
The Potteries Educational Trust is a vibrant Learning Community working hard in the areas that they serve to maintain and develop excellent and innovative teaching and learning. They deliver high-quality parental engagement, pastoral support and the pooling of resources and expertise to achieve an outstanding learning experience and outcomes for all their children and young people. The already extensive curriculum offered by all of their staff members will be continuously developed to create many new opportunities for educational visits, clubs and societies, competitions and cultural activity to ensure a broad and vibrant education for all.
They are now looking for a hardworking and motivated Data Technician Apprentice to join their team.
To find out more about Potteries Educational Trust, click here: https://www.potteries.ac.uk/
Roles and Responsibilities
· To assist in the development and maintenance of the functionality and data structures within the College’s key information systems.
· To assist in the maintenance a range of College information and decision-making systems, to maximise the student experience pre and post enrolment and improve data accuracy, integration and efficiency.
· To provide support with data manipulation on a wide range of database related software, reports and processes to ensure accuracy and integrity of College information.
· To help in the development and production of a range of data-driven reports to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders and inform key performance indicators.
· To assist in the development of relevant technical documentation, procedural notes and user guidance.
· To support with the maintenance, review and development of the College’s report portfolio and information dashboards, including meeting the College’s ‘ad-hoc’ management information and data analysis needs.
Full Training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by Potteries Educational Trust and Baltic Apprenticeships
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge:
· Previous experience with excel
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills
· Commitment to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of young people
· Have initiative and be proactive in solving problems and meeting deadlines
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal and organisational skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Have a genuine interest in using data to support knowledge acquisition and decision making
· Responsive and flexible attitude to changing needs and demands
· Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths and English Language or equivalent is required for this role.
Salary, Hours & Holidays:
· £12,539 per annum
· 37 Hours per week
· 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday with a 30 Minute lunch break and 15 Minute break
· Parking onsite
· 22 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
· Pension contribution
· Costa coffee and canteen onsite
· Close to Train station & Bus station
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the program with the possibility of progression onto one of our Level 4 Programmes.
About Baltic Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need. If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided. Baltic Apprenticeships – Information, advice and guidance
Eligibility Criteria For more information on the Eligibility Criteria for an Apprenticeship, please find the below information-
A hugely successful manufacturing company is looking for an ambitious Apprentice with a passion for Science to be trained to execute an interesting and varied range of Laboratory duties.
An international force within the process manufacturing sector is recruiting. This company is the global market leader in their field of expertise and provide an innovative environment that leads the way in their industry. They have a huge client base across a diverse and interesting range of technical sectors and industrial markets. The organisation is enjoying another extremely busy year and is therefore planning to expand their workforce with the recruitment of an Apprentice Chemist.
The role of the Apprentice Chemist will involve comprehensive training to a standard which ensures that the technical service to the company’s customers is of the highest quality. Usual duties will include:
· Laboratory analysis of all incoming test samples using a full range of test methods and equipment.
· Metal working Coolant testing.
· Testing of samples of water for the company’s outflow discharges of fluids for compliance with water authority limits for the site.
· Testing IBC wash system fluids.
· Once suitably trained the person will spend 1 week per month on the Day shift within the Quality Control laboratory as part of the cross-department rota support.
· Assisting R&D Chemists on various project work.
· To develop an overall understanding of all laboratory activities as a key team member.
· Successful candidate will be educated up to degree level, receiving a Level 6 qualification in Chemistry upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Those applying should have the following qualities:
· Ambitious, hard-working character
· Passion for Science
· Educated to A-Level standard (or equivalent).
For details of all our current vacancies please visit the Intro Personnel website.
Please note that due to high volumes of response we are unable to answer all applicants, if you have not been contacted within a week of your application it has regrettably been unsuccessful.
Service/support At The Gingerbread Centre we provide 24 hour-supported accommodation for homeless and vulnerable lone parents and families from across Stoke-on-Trent and the surrounding area.
Best way to contact Telephone: Deb Withington – Volunteer Coordinator 07736 931108 Email: email@example.com Facebook: GingerbreadCentre
Volunteering Opportunities Although we can’t have any volunteers on site during the pandemic, we do still need volunteers to help out by raising funds so that we can continue to provide support to local disadvantaged parents and children to help them regain their independence. If you could help with fundraising or have any ideas on how you could support us in other ways, please do get in touch.
Make a real difference
By volunteering you’ll be playing an active part in improving the lives of millions of people and influencing the development of national and local policies and services.
We need you! Seventy seven per cent of the people who work in the Citizens Advice service are volunteers, and we simply wouldn’t be here for our clients without them.
· Boost your confidence
· Do something interesting and challenging.
· Meet new people
· Improve your prospects and put your talents to use
· Get to know your community
· Enjoy free training
· Gain office-based work experience
We pay travel expenses. Some roles are more flexible than others. We’ll do our best to find a role for you that fits in with your interests, and we’ll be as flexible as possible in enabling you to volunteer at the times that suit you best.
Clients as Volunteers
Many of our volunteers were once clients who want to give something back to the service that helped them. Having experience of the service from both sides can be extremely valuable. However, it is Citizens Advice policy not to accept current clients as volunteers as there is a risk of a conflict of interest arising. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this with us. Depending on the type and level of support we provided to you we may suggest taking a little break between being a client and becoming a volunteer. If you are likely to need ongoing advice it may be in your best interest to keep this option open for yourself by not volunteering at this time. If your situation changes we can look at things again.
Coronavirus and Volunteering
Due to the present crisis we are only recruiting volunteers to train as Initial Advisers who will volunteer remotely from home. You will be trained to do email advice first which gives you plenty of time to research the issue, write your advice and get it checked by the Advice Session Supervisor before sending it to the client.Once you are confident with email advice you can progress to phone advice and if you wish to webchat advice.
Full training will be given by a combination of lessons over Microsoft Teams and independent study. An Advice Session Supervisor will always be on duty to consult with via Microsoft Teams or telephone.
You will need a computer and webcam or tablet, a smartphone and internet access. You will need a safe space to work where your screen cannot be overlooked and you cannot be overheard during telephone supervision. If you progress to phone advice you will need a phone with the voicemail turned off.