Wetland Creation Course, starting Tuesday 6th October
· Delivered by Cheshire Wildlife Trust over four weeks, trainees will learn about Wetland ecology, and will design and create at least two ponds at Hassall Green, leaving a permanent wetland feature on the site for wildlife.
Habitat Creation Workshop, Thursday 8th October
· Half-day workshop giving people the opportunity to make a bug hotel, bird box, upcycled wildlife pond, or hibernaculum. All things that you can do in your own garden or green space too!
Bushcraft & Survival Weekend, 7th & 8th November
- Delivered by Red Oak Bushcrafts over two days, trainees will learn and practice the essential skills required for survival in the wild!
Applications are now open to all adults. If you have previously expressed interest in any of these course, please get in touch to confirm that you would still like to attend. Courses spaces are limited due to Covid-19, so places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Ranger Guided Walks (Hassall Green & Salt Line), Thursday 15th & Saturday 24th October
- Delivered in partnership with the Cheshire East Salt Line Ranger, these walks will take in the sights, history and wildlife of Hassall Green Nature Reserve, the Salt Line and surrounding area. More details will follow, but get in touch if you’ like to come along!
Halloween Event, Thursday 29th October
- Spooktacular one-day event to celebrate Halloween and get crafty with nature! More details will follow, but get the date in your diary.
Christmas Event, Saturday 5th December
- Festive one-day event to get crafty with nature in preparation for Christmas! More details will follow, but get the date in your diary.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete the online application and welfare forms (links below and attached). If you have already completed these forms, you do not need to complete them again – simply send me an email to apply.
If you have any questions or would like any further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!